Oct. 14, 2013
CAMP K’TON DIRECTOR
EXPERIENCE: At least a bachelors of Education degree. Camp experience preferably in a URJ camp. Experience in Early Childhood Education is a plus.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Serve as a member of the camp supervisory staff, involved in the formulation and implementation of camp policies as they affect campers and staff members and assisting in enforcement of these policies.
- Work with the Camp Director to plan and implement the Day Camp program at Goldman Union Camp
- Create the framework for the Camp K’ton educational program (based on the educational program of the overnight camp), which will be utilized by Camp K’ton counselors to write individual programs
- Plan daily Camp K’ton schedule, and implement scheduled programs
- Train Avodahnikim, during Orientation and at the start of each 2-week crew shift, to be counselors for young children
- Be present and supervise counselors and campers in Camp K’ton at all times
- Communicate with Camp K’ton parents about schedule changes, important announcements, and weekly (or day-to-day) happenings at camp
- Maintain the Camp K’ton Cottage as a clean, usable space