Oct. 14, 2013
Shoresh, Geza, & Anaf.
BOYS/GIRLS HEAD COUNSELOR
EXPERIENCE: At least two years as a counselor, preferably at Goldman Union Camp
Serve as a member of the leadership staff, attend occasional afternoon meetings, be involved in the formulation and implementation of camp policies as they affect campers and staff members, and assist in the enforcement of these policies as approved by the Unit Head and Program Director.
- Fulfill all responsibilities expected of a cabin counselor (see Counselor job description)
- Serve as a resource to counselors in your unit, as well as other units when necessary, in the area of working with campers
- Provide a responsible, leadership staff presence in the camper cabin areas
- Provide additional guidance and support to machonikim, supplementing the machon program
- Conform to and help carry out all camp policies.
- May be asked to assist the Unit Head in occasionally carrying out administrative responsibilities including, but not exclusive to, scheduling, resolution of unit issues, programming and supervision of staff. Administration of the unit is primarily the role of the Unit Head. Assisting in these areas should in no way interfere with the Head Counselor’s responsibility to their cabin and to the other counselors.
Responsible to the Unit Head, Camp Director, and Assistant Director