Oct. 25, 2012
AVODAH UNIT HEAD:
EXPERIENCE: At least a senior in college with camping experience, preferably at a URJ camp.
Serve as a member of the camp supervisory staff, attend meetings each afternoon, involved in the formulation and implementation of camp policies as they affect campers and staff members and assisting in enforcement of these policies.
- Run the Avodah program
- To participate in activities and supervise the work of the avodahnikim
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for each avodahnik
- Responsible for scheduling of daily activities and summer long activities
- Communicate and work with all direct supervisors of avodah crews (kitchen steward, camp K’ton director, pool director, office manager, Migdol director, etc.)
- Promote a sense of community within the unit as well as with the entire camp
Reports to the Camp Director